Roosh V Forum

Full Version: Lost in Translation, how I met my partner of two years
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the quaint streets of Amsterdam, amidst the aroma of freshly baked stroopwafels and the mesmerizing canals, Jack, a charming Englishman, found himself on a blind date with me, a tall and handsome Dutchman.

Our first encounter was at a local café, where Jack arrived a tad bit early, nervously adjusting his tie while scanning the room. As I walked in, my striking presence turned heads, causing Jack to nearly spill his coffee in excitement.

After exchanging awkward pleasantries, Jack suggested a stroll by the canal. But what started as a romantic idea quickly turned into a comedic adventure.

As we wandered through the narrow streets, Jack enthusiastically pointed out historical landmarks, passionately sharing what he knew about Amsterdam's rich culture. However, Jack's Dutch was limited to a few phrases he had hastily memorized, resulting in a series of hilarious misunderstandings.

Me: "Look, Jack, this is the famous Anne Frank House!"

Jack: "Ah, yes! The Anne Frank Haus... Wait, is that where they serve those delicious sausages?"

I chuckled, realizing Jack had confused the historical site with a local eatery.

Undeterred by the language barrier, Jack attempted to impress me with his knowledge of Dutch cuisine, only to butcher the pronunciation of "stroopwafel" and inadvertently order a plate of bitterballen instead.

This misadventure continued as we stumbled upon a street performer entertaining a crowd with a mesmerizing juggling act. Inspired by the spectacle, Jack jokingly tried his hand at juggling as well. Jack picked up a couple of oranges from a nearby vendor and attempted a clumsy juggle. But instead of impressing me, he accidentally lobbed one of the oranges straight into the canal, narrowly missing a passing boat.

As the sun began to set over the picturesque canals, Jack and I found ourselves lost in conversation, sharing stories and dreams beneath the fading twilight  Tongue
Sick