Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Suburban Life in America Sucks
I live in a somewhat large metropolitan area in the United States. You have to drive literally everywhere. Coffee? Ten-minute drive. McDonald's? Ten-minute drive. Walking outside, all I see is an endless pool of cookie-cutter homes. Streets are vacant, and sidewalks are completely empty. While my wife was still home a few days ago, we decided to eat out. I did a Google search for "restaurants near me". Applebees, TGI Fridays, Outback Steakhouse, and Pizza Hut - all the same stuff. Endless strip malls filled with the same fucking stores: GNC, Dollar Store, Subway, Dry Cleaning, and so on. I can't tell this suburb from thousands of others in the United States. There is no soul, no character, and people are stuck up...

What aspects of this lifestyle do individuals enjoy? I've lived in Asia and South America, as well as spent some time, if briefly, in huge European cities, which were hustling and bustling. I could walk or take the bus/train to pretty much anywhere. People hang out late into the night, eating street food and joking. There are numerous one-of-a-kind small businesses and eateries. Children running about.

I loathe the suburban lifestyle. It dehumanizes, atomizes, and is soulless. Nothing except chain restaurants, strip malls, and big box retailers can be found in this bland neighborhood. The streets are likewise vacant. There are no people out and about; only bright autos.

And, yes, you have to drive everywhere in the suburbs since everything is too far apart for walking, and public transportation is terrible or nonexistent.

The United States suburbs are deliberately designed for blue pilled wage slaves who want to utilize their home as their principal investment, the most idiotic investment strategy imaginable.

Consider suburbs to be neighborhoods where people (particularly whites and middle-class Americans) are led to believe that this is their territory in which to raise children and buy items to fill their low-quality McMansions with everything wifey desires.

Suburbs strike me as: Bland, consumerist, socially isolating, and designed to keep individuals in a cycle of work and debt until death. This is especially true for younger generations.

Ironically, the advertised concept of white flight to the suburbs from the 1960s to the 1990s reversed itself in the 2000s, with brighter, more professional, or urbane whites returning to cities where culture, gastronomy, and services were more accessible and numerous. Cities are generally more convenient for older Americans as well. This is not to suggest that the suburbs are dying, but they continue to attract people who embody the worst aspects of the sheeple mindset, which I despise.

Many McMansions are bad because they are poorly built (for example, inadequate wall insulation means you can hear anything within a 2,000-foot radius). This is why I adore NYC project buildings. I live in one of Florida's horrible suburbs. Cookie-cutter houses, a gated neighborhood, apathetic cold neighbors who only contact you when they need something from you, at least 20 minutes in the car to reach anywhere, and one strip mall after another. Living here is terrible.

I've tried walking and bicycling in a lot of these spots, and it's terrible. Drivers glance at you as if you're insane. But, as he mentioned, not everyone owns a car. So you have to get about somehow. He's also true about the soulless, corporate fast food franchises that idiot Americans seem to believe are normal. That was something I'd always been appalled by. I have no issues with fast food or consuming it myself. But what's wrong is the sheer volume of food, its poor quality, and the fact that many people consider it a staple meal. I had always assumed that fast food was something you only ate on rare occasions or when you were short on time. But all of this exists because there is such a strong demand for it. Ironically, I think I would love conversing with the dude about how horrible the suburbs are, while traveling in the car to buy some Popeyes chicken.

I also loathe rural regions for practical reasons. I dislike the empty area because it makes me feel secluded, and there is often nothing nearby. However, the residents in rural areas appear to be friendly.