Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Critical Analysis: Phuket Thailand
Thumbs Up 
I visit Phuket several times a year and find that the nightlife is continuously changing, so it's helpful to have up-to-date information on a place like that. It can be disheartening because when you locate the perfect place, you return a year later only to discover that it is no longer there.

I don't believe Thailand is overwhelmed by western tourists. Yes, in specific locations and times, but not in general. I would say that places like Bali are swamped with trashy Australian visitors, but what I appreciate about Thailand is that it is such an international place, with people from all over the world congregating, so no one nationality 'takes over' the place.

It's fair to state that there are a lot of Russians there (especially during high season), but I believe that one of the draws of Phuket nightlife is Russian women.

If you want to meet local girls on a beach holiday (not in Bangkok), Phuket or Koh Samui are your best bets. You'll be seeking girls who work in hotels in general, as these girls will be well educated, speak decent English, and be open to Western guys if you don't come across as a sex tourist. Phuket is significantly more crowded (both by people and tourists) and offers far more opportunities. Many of these girls will reside alone or with a companion in Phuket, in a town not far from Patong. Many will possess their own cars, be self-sufficient, and dress appropriately.

Koh Samui is a beautiful island with a terrific vibe. The number of people attending varies depending on the season. For example, there are more Australians in January, and many Israelis in September/October. Everyone goes to the same restaurant every night, the Green Mango, so this place is packed seven nights a week from around 11.30 p.m. until 3 or 4 a.m. There aren't many Russians here; everyone lives in Phuket. We picked up two Scottish females one night (both cute). I met two nice Thai girls on that trip, but I've had better luck with both Thai and Western girls in Phuket than in Koh Samui. Other times, I've picked up largely Thai girls (one really good ONS), and one of my friends had an ONS with an Australian and a British girl, although neither wore anything remarkable.

Phi Phi Island is worth seeing, but you'll find a different population here (aside from one of the world's most gorgeous lagoons/beaches, which is only a short boat trip away). More of an Aussie in Bali or a Brit in Spain bunch, younger in age and ready to party. We attended a wild pool party there, and that night the entire beach was transformed into one massive beach party. I had no idea how big of a party island this was, but as I previously stated, I found it much more difficult to get along with girls there. There are a lot of western tourists out drinking and partying, which is excellent, but my experience landing any of them was not nice. It's more of a backpacker crowd, whereas I think I'd be better suited to city/professional girls. I didn't try it, but I believe there would be plenty of day game opportunities on Phi Phi, particularly where ships come and go and many of girls get off the boats seeking for directions, etc. Personally, I prefer Phuket for pursuing girls, despite the fact that Phi Phi is an excellent party island. It's more suited to your gym junkie with tattoos, I've had better success in cities than on the beach. The native Thai girls don't like the gym addict type of game either. This type of game works in Koh Samui at the Green Mango, but not in Phuket. Phi Phi also offers afternoon booze cruises, which are a terrific way to meet new people. Don't go to Phi Phi to meet native Thai girls; there aren't many.

I've found Bangkok to be really hit or miss. Everything is dispersed, as opposed to Phuket, where everything is concentrated on one street. Where would you recommend going in Bangkok for a fun night out with Western girls and local (non-professional) Thais?

Another destination I can recommend is Krabi. This site is incredibly breathtaking. Head straight to Railay Beach. Amazing.. Nightlife here is significantly slower, especially on Railay Beach, but there are plenty of girls about. Railay is an excellent day game destination due to the large number of girls that visit on day trips. It's a stunning site, perfect for a day game. You wouldn't go to Krabi to meet local Thai girls, but there are plenty of Western girls here, either alone or in groups of two or three. Grab a cocktail and enjoy the sunset over Railay (as many others do), and there will be girls waiting to open. There are some pubs nearby, but I'm not sure how excellent they are because I didn't spend much time exploring Krabi's nightlife. I'm sure there are several clubs/bars in Krabi town that are worth seeing.

Getting There

Many airlines fly direct to Phuket from Sydney, Melbourne, throughout Asia, the Middle East, and Russia. Otherwise, the best option is to fly in via Bangkok or Kuala Lumpur (be sure to spend a few nights in either city; they are totally worth it!). Phuket has a new international terminal, and I've discovered that sometimes clearing immigration is quick and other times there are long lines, so try to sit near the front of the line and head to immigration as soon as you get off the plane to beat everyone else. Also, I recommend arranging for a hotel pick-up at the airport, as cab costs have recently been around the same and there can be a considerable wait.

Where to stay?

- Kata and Kata Noi offer beautiful beaches and are only 15-20 minutes from Patong. Patong itself is not the best area to stay in Phuket, but it is the center of nightlife, so there are logistical benefits to staying here. Last month, I stayed at the Avista Hideaway, which was approximately 8 minutes from Patong and functioned wonderfully.

- Bang Tao has a beautiful beach and great hotels along it. Catch Beach Club and Dream Beach Club are located at each end of the beach. Catch can be a lot of fun (see their website to see when events are happening). Bang Tao is packed with Russian tourists. It's amazing to see such attractive women with elderly/ugly men. However, some of them are single, and the resorts and beaches are ideal for day games. Try Xana Beach Club for a day game. Get a daybed near the pool and speak with the Russian and French girls there. The only downside to staying in Bang Tao is that it's about 30-35 minutes from Patong, which is a little far when you're pulling a bird back to your home, but that has never prevented anyone from returning.

I'd avoid the Kamala area. It's a really down market.

Girls

You'll meet tourists from all over the world here. You'll mostly see Russians, French, British, Americans, Australians, Asians, Germans, and French Arabs (Moroccan, Algerian, etc.). Forget the French Arabs. Australians, Germans, and Russians will be the easiest to identify. With the Russians, all you need to know is how to game them. If you like Russians, I recommend going from early December until the end of March. This also coincides with the nicest weather (it's sunny almost every day).
The local girls are a mix of freelancers and hotel workers. There are many of Thai females in Phuket who are employed rather than freelancers, and you may easily attract these girls either during the day or at a nightclub or bar.

Nightlife

I'm sure some may disagree, but I believe BangLa Road in Patong is a party and gaming heaven. From around 9 p.m., the street is buzzing, and all you have to do is ignore the ping pong shows and head directly to any of the following clubs from 11 p.m. onwards:

1. Illuzion: This resembles a superclub. It's big. A diverse population, with tourists from all over the world and a huge proportion of typical Thai girls and working girls. The working girls will usually hang out on the sides of the dancefloor, whilst the normal girls would be on the dancing with their pals. The VIP section requires you to purchase a bottle, but it is in a nice location and provides an opportunity to open with a large number of girls. Music ranges between commercial house and deep house. It normally shuts between 4 and 5 a.m., and they almost always open the doors upstairs to an afterparty that lasts until 6 or 7 a.m. I've been to Illuzion a few times and got one ONS with a Thai female, a few kisses from Thai and British girls, and a few phone numbers. A friend of mine kissed one of the hottest Chinese girls I've ever seen in here, and she also did all the approaching. At the after party, I managed to kiss a Thai girl on vacation from Bangkok (7) and a British tourist who was no better than a 5.5 but I was quite drunk and she seemed better at the time, but I will admit to blowing her off for a Thai girl who I took home but was too drunk to remember if I had to pay or not. What I do know is that if I did pay, she was worth every cent. (I'm not the P4P type, but I can't rule it out in that situation.)

2. Seduction: A few years ago, I would have called this the best club I'd ever gone to. Without fail, it would provide. Had the best video. One night, I kissed seven girls in there, and there were numerous ONSs with Russian, Thai, and Australian girls. However, there was a fire, so it closed down and then reopened with a whole different layout, which really messed things up. As a result, it was nowhere near as busy, and it appears that they have targeted a different clientele, as it is now filling up again. The last two times I've gone there, it's been full, but there are more groups standing around tables, and it's lost its free-spirited atmosphere. The crowd appears to be lot more African and Arab these days, with music being more R&B and hip hop, which may suit some people better than others in terms of gaming.

3. White Room: A little more difficult to find (just ask around), but it is now the best club in my opinion. There are many western visitors here (mainly Germans, Scandinavians, Australians, British, Americans, and Asians), as well as regular and freelance local girls. There's good music in here, and the crowd is pleasant. We've recently started our nights here shortly after 11 p.m., with Illuzion serving as a backup around 2 a.m. if White Room fails to deliver. I've kissed a few westerners (a 6 and a 6.5) and a Thai non-pro (7.5-8), but no ONS from here yet.

As you walk along Bang La Road, you'll see a few other pubs, most of which have live music playing (a mix of western pop and Thai songs), and these venues are usually full with roughly 75% Thais and 25% Westerners. I've always found the allure of the other clubs too strong to leave these places alone, but my perception is that it's not as easy to get into and the quality is lesser.

Catch Beach Club (Bang Tao). This upscale beach club is around 35 minutes from Patong and is semi-busy most evenings during peak season, but is extremely packed on specific nights when they hold designated beach parties. Check their website for further information. This is a more upscale establishment, so expect to pay a premium. The majority of visitors are Russian tourists, although there are also many expats from Russia, Australia, and Europe, as well as tourists from other countries. We even met some Thai freelancers, but it took us a long to figure out they were working girls. The last party I attended there in April included an 8 from Kazakhstan (half Russian, half Asian in appearance). In January, there were much more Russian girls than in April. The Russian girls were really approachable. If you're looking for Thai girls, I'd avoid this location and instead go to Patong.

Another tip: Songkran is Thai New Year, and the Thai celebrate it with great enthusiasm. It was Songkran on my first night in April, and I went to BangLa Road with a friend. We were fully soaked by the time we went into White Room (if you're going out on Songkran, make sure you wear clothes you don't mind getting wet because everyone will shower you with a lot of water whether you want it or not). We discovered that many average Thai girls go out during Songkran, making it an excellent opportunity to meet Thai girls who work at nearby hotels or other businesses. I met a Thai girl (7.5 or 8) in marketing at a local 5-star hotel, whom I saw for a few days afterward and want to see again the next time I return. She wouldn't often go clubbing on Bang La Road, but she was out celebrating Songkran with her friends.

While this is not always the case, most good Thai girls will not accompany you home for an ONS. They will make you work for it on multiple dates. These girls are caring, sensible, fun, and humorous, and it can be a lot of fun speaking with them (the ones that speak English well) on WhatsApp and catching up on dates, so I don't mind playing the game for a long with them.

I highly recommend Phuket as a vacation location for anyone searching for beautiful weather, delicious food, friendly people, and a thriving nightlife seven days a week. It's pretty easy to travel from club to club along BangLa Road, so don't be afraid to leave where you're at if it's getting boring and go somewhere else (and then return to the original place later), even if it's 2 a.m. or late.

I hope this is of some help. I would be pleased to answer any particular queries that any of you have.
Sounds good. I personally have no affinity towards Thailand and Bangkok. Too many sexpats go there to bang whores and get high. Too many western debauchery and pollution there in Bangkok which has corrupted the local thai women's psyche. Just like the Philippine