Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Critical Analysis: Rotterdam, Netherlands
Thumbs Up 
Dutch people love to party; expect something to go on every night. However, Rotterdam's nightlife is more limited than Amsterdam's, but less expensive. It is less expensive and less commercial. Witte de Withstraat, Stadhuisplein, and Oude/Niewe Binnenweg are popular nightlife destinations, all of which include clubs and pubs nearby. There are numerous bars and restaurants, as well as a large number of high-quality girls roaming around. It's really busy in the evening, and you can barely find a space to sit and sip a beer or dine. I arrived about 8, and it was barely feasible to sit down and eat. Had a beer outside and had to eat döner inside a fast food restaurant. It is not possible to get a seat inside a restaurant. I definitely observed a lot of quality going around the streets there.

City vibe

The city itself appears to be very new and contemporary, with numerous rivers and waterways passing through it. I didn't get to see much of it outside the center because I was so busy at work. There are restaurants, residences, and hotels on boats, among other options.

Rotterdam is considered one of the most 'ethnic' cities in the Netherlands. Approximately half of the city's population (and possibly more) is not ethnically Dutch. The Turks are generally laid-back and mind their own business, however certain Moroccans and Antilleans (from Caribbean islands such as Curacao) are rather aggressive, especially when compared to the ethnic Dutch.

Native Dutch men are far more passive, don't approach much (until enough beers have been had over the evening), and are far less inclined to cockblock or make trouble.

Moroccans and Antilleans, in comparison, are quite bold when approaching (even with sloppy hood-style game), but are considerably more prone to cockblock or become violent.

First Impressions of Dutch/Rotterdam Girls:

I really enjoyed what I saw. I appreciated the diversity, and the females appeared eager to meet and chat to new people. In contrast to Germany, the English is excellent here, and I never heard girls struggling or hunting for words to say to me. The white Dutch girls are slender and tall as fuck, whereas the other ethnicities seemed much shorter. I didn't get blown out during my two days there, but I also didn't be mobbed, so it's unclear how things will play out. Again, two girls from Tinder expressed interest in meeting up with me late at night, so I have a strong feeling ONS is completely achievable. What entices me is that I am also drawn to Indian females, so if things don't work out with the white Dutch girls, I can easily switch to a different nationality and not be trapped with white all the time, as in Germany. Having one of those gals show a strong interest in me on Tinder and the first night gaming bodes well for future opportunities.

Bars

RoTown - Local bar with good live music and a diverse crowd (Niewe Binnenweg)
BAR - Laidback bar, younger clientele 18-25, mellow vibe, cheap drinks, great for pickup or pre-visiting another venue (Stadhuisplein)
BED - Best on Tuesday nights, when the students come to party (free admission); ESN sponsors several parties throughout the year. Will meet Dutch students and foreigners studying at adjacent universities. Shit music. (Stadhuisplein)
WORM - Alternative bar with cool interior design and a chillout ambiance (Witte de Withstraat). Thursday and Friday.
Blendr - Shit gets nice here on Wednesdays, when everyone goes loose and fucked up; it's a must-see. Fridays are also great. (Witte De Withstraat)
BIRD - Thursday's Salsa sessions were a hit; they were different from other locations, and the chicks were more open.

Clubs

Vie - Monday is undoubtedly the day to hit it out here; local sluts emerge from the woodwork, and status sells. Dress to impress. Hip hop/R&B music. It's easy to get laid if you have a solid game. Fridays and Saturdays are also good, but expect males to buy tables and bottles.
Villa Thalia - Upscale venue (tables, live concerts); didn't go; entrance is around 35 euros ++.
Toffler - Cool mood, great music (techno fan), and a recently renovated underground metro/subway station.
Transport for ravers. Factory 010/Maasilo hosts monthly electronic parties.

Logistics

Witte de Withstraat is the best spot to reside, with Blendr, WORM, and Witte Aap, lots of foot traffic, and a hostel close, you'll have a great time. Expect to pay between 700 and 1200 euros per month for a flat, depending on your level of comfort. Nieuwe and Oude Binnenweg finished second.

Girls

All Dutch girls speak English fluently and understand humor, wit, and engenderment. Rotterdam has a diverse ethnic population as a result of Dutch colonization. Hot combinations of Dutch girls with Antilles, Indonesian, Suriname, and Turkey can be found; they are quite seductive. Bike culture encourages them to dress casually, with more flats and jeans; don't anticipate heels except at elite settings. ONS is a strong possibility because they are receptive to international guys. The girls' play styles will differ; some will be more aggressive, while others will require more discussion. Dutch females typically ride their bicycles (expect gorgeous asses and toned legs) to the club or pub, making it simple to bounce them to various venues/your apartment. There are a lot of girls in groups of two, but they also arrive in mixed-gender groups, so girls are still gameable. You will encounter cockblocks here, but not in a direct manner; they will primarily try to block you out when speaking. Dutch gals are pretty open, so have fun!

Other

Lekker is a Dutch term that signifies everything is wonderful or whatever you're talking about. For example, this club is fucking lekker
Gezellig - cozy
Doei Doei - goodbye.

Weather - unpredictable, best in summer; carry rain gear.
Clubs: have drink tokens, need pin card.