Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Critical Analysis: Kazakhstan
I've lived in Kazakhstan for several years, and much of what other members have stated about their short visits matches my own. I don't consider the girls to be traditional. They are, in terms of cleaning the house and carrying out their responsibilities as women in the family.

I've lived in Kazakhstan for several years, and much of what other members have stated about their short visits matches my own. I don't consider the girls to be traditional. They are, in terms of cleaning the house and carrying out their responsibilities as family ladies. However, in my own experience, there are relatively few sexual inhibitions based on culture.

Essentially, the pros are:

1) Hot girls with diverse appearances (Asian, European, Middle Eastern, etc.) and approachable...

2) Men are expected to act like men, while women are expected to be feminine.

3) There is very little political correctness.

4) Tolerance for different racial and ethnic groupings

5) Very secular.

6) I won't get into politics, but the president has done a lot of good, despite the labels that many want to throw at him.

7) You can live inexpensively if you choose.

Some negatives

1) Kazakh dudes are cool, but a foreigner picking up local ladies can irritate them; boxing, MMA, and wrestling are popular, and guys in general enjoy fighting. Girls may be hesitant to leave places with a foreigner because of this. When you're out at night and in a bar with drunk men, you must be cautious of your surroundings.

2) Almaty and Astana might be pricey if you prefer upscale bars or nightclubs. Astana is not so horrible; OP appeared to spend his time on the "left bank," which is truly barren, but the "right bank" has more soul. Most expats choose Almaty for the reasons stated in the OP. Astana vs. Almaty is comparable to DC vs. New York. I appreciate living in a little regional city.

3) People are not always visibly cordial; there is a lack of basic pleasantness or courtesy while out and about, which may irritate some.

4) While English is growing more popular, Russian language abilities are quite beneficial, and understanding Kazakh is even more advantageous.

5) As already stated, some locations have a large concentration of semi pros.

Basically, don't act like a wimp, be confident while remaining culturally aware, and you'll do well here. OP did an excellent job portraying Kazakhstan for such a short stay, and I am happy to answer any specific queries.

Messages In This Thread
Critical Analysis: Kazakhstan - by whitemike - 06-03-2024, 10:31 PM
RE: Critical Analysis: Kazakhstan - by Doosh - 06-10-2024, 03:20 AM