Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Critical Analysis: Israeli
I got a solid idea of what Israel is like. There are two places I would recommend visiting if you go: Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. The rest was essentially a nowheresville desert.

Okay, now onto my summary.

The atmosphere

It's quite hardcore. The country is ringed by massive concrete barriers with barbed wire at the top. It's pretty much the same across all borders since, well, everyone hates Israel lol.

As you would expect, there is a lot of desert everywhere. Israel is a third-world country, contrary to popular belief in the United States. It had that sense in both rural and urban places. It feels more like a third-world country than, say, Bangkok.

Religion, as you could expect, is quite important there. Shabbat begins at 8 p.m. on Friday and ends at 8 p.m. on Saturday. I also heard reports of prejudice against less religious Jews and non-Jews by diehard Orthodox/Hasidic Jews, which did not surprise me. Judaism had a cult-like air to it.

Before I went there, I believed that everyone I met would be Jewish, but this was not the case. I encountered a large number of Arabs there. Some were Muslims. Some were Christians. However, the majority of the country is made up of Jews.

However, I did not see a single Asian person present. None at all. We traveled across the nation and went out at night. That is definitely something to ponder.

EDIT: After thinking about it, I realized there were a lot of black individuals there. They were mostly employed in low-wage jobs (janitors, for example), and they did not appear to be highly regarded.

The Food

In my opinion, the food was pretty terrible. It was primarily falafel. Those things were incredibly difficult to escape from. They're everywhere, and they taste fairly bad in my view. There were more dishes, but they were generally flavorless and insipid. The cuisine might be a deal-breaker for me if I ever consider moving there.

Additionally, food prices are relatively high. This is not what I would anticipate from a third-world country. Many of the restaurants I visited, including the less touristy ones, charged costs comparable to or greater than those in the United States for significantly lower-quality cuisine.

The girls

In my opinion, this is an excellent place to meet girls. They are feminine, kind, and attractive. In the United States, I would estimate that the typical girl I saw was pretty cute . As you might expect, Israeli females have darker skin tones (albeit not much darker) than white girls and Middle Eastern features.

Jerusalem is a great destination to meet sweet, pleasant girls, especially during the daytime. We met some gals there during the day and did not game them at all. The nightclubs were a little rougher. However, we were obliged to visit a rather touristy location. So it's possible that the girls I was speaking with weren't even from there. Regardless, it was akin to a club in the United States. We were very courteous and direct, took their numbers, and hung out. Simple.

The girls were generally sexier in Tel Aviv, but they were also more difficult. During the day, we walked around and tried to meet people. After trying to talk to a few girls, we understood that being friendly and normal (like we were with Jerusalem girls) would not work here. So we modified our tactics a little, and the girls responded nicely.

The nightclubs in Tel Aviv were wild. I was among the most attractive Arab girls I had ever seen. Again, this was difficult. If you come to one of these places and want to meet up with girls, you must have a strong game. It's worth it, though, if you're looking for exceptionally attractive girls.Big Grin

Overall, we had a nice time. I doubt I'll ever live there, but I'd like to return and visit on my own terms (free to do whatever I want).

EDIT: Another interesting thing is that none of the girls I met there questioned if I was Jewish, including girls with whom I spent a lot of time.

My opinion is that unless the girl is really religious (and there are plenty who aren't), it won't matter too much if you are not Jewish.

Of course, I wasn't there long enough to date or establish a relationship with any of them. I am almost certain that not being Jewish will have an impact on you later in life, most likely in marriage. So that is something to ponder.