Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I'm on the spectrum guys.. Giving up on game
According to my mom, I am on the spectrum because I have the below symptoms in varying degrees:

-Lack of empathy towards others (big one apparently)
-Occasionally overreacting in ways that make little to no sense to her/other people
-Laserlike focus when I find something really interesting, to the level where speech does not register when I'm reading for example
-Sometimes if I'm surprised, she said I can avoid eye contact
-Coldness and keeping myself distant from people

My own mother advised me not to go into healthcare/medical as I wouldn't give a shit about other people's issues. At my current age, I kind of have to say that she was correct in this. The comments from my past girlfriends seem to reinforce this (asshole/heartless/distant/quiet/closed). I don't really know what to make of the whole thing. On the other hand, I am quite successful in what I do, but on the other hand I have received this kind of feedback for years (medical professionals, military people during my service, relatives, LTR's) and I am old enough to recognize the behavior myself now. Luckily I have a loving family and good friends and the "symptoms", if they are there, are not crippling.

I thought that it might be possible for an autistic man to go full rainman on game literature and then practice his skills in the field on real women until a formula sticks. That hasn't worked out as planned. The end result of some of the typical autistic awkwardness. I've been arrested several times. I need something else..
With Autism, it isn't just being ugly or not getting laid. People see you as a fucking weirdo.